Monday, April 8, 2013

It has been awhile

Hello again, Internet!

I'm taking some time out of my normal sleep schedule to bring a little update on my life endeavors.

Firstly, I am leaving Santa Clara University after this quarter. Many of you will ask, "why?" but I must assure you that it is completely your fault! In all seriousness, though, it is just time for me to move on. Up until very recently, SCU was the place for me. This is just not the case anymore. For the sake of my happiness and personal sanity, I must move on.

So what's next? I have a couple of plans. Right now, I am looking into jobs in the video game industry. There is one in particular that has really caught my eye. Carbine Studios, an NCSoft Studio, is hiring QA Testers for their upcoming game "Wildstar."

But why this studio?

Firstly, I have been playing NCSoft games since I was 11. Yes, that means I have been investing my time and money into MMORPGs for close to 10 years now. To work at Carbine Studios would be an absolute dream of mine. Not only would I be working with video games (my one, true love) but I would also be contributing to a company that has held a special part in my life.

If this opportunity of a life time were to not play out, I would most likely continue to work on my degree at community college and then finish it at UCI or Cal State Fullerton.

Either way I go, I will certainly be indulging into my hobby of game-making and furthering my skills as a game designer. I will also be better on updating this blog with more design-related topics!

Also, feel free to leave some love in the comments or just email me. I love to hear feedback from those who partake in my little section of the Internet.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment